University of Wisconsin-Platteville
Department of General Engineering
143 Ottensman Hall, Platteville, WI 53818
Telephone: (608) 342-1711
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Emphasis
- Geotechnical Engineering Emphasis
- Environmental Engineering Emphasis
- Structural Engineering Emphasis
- Transportation Engineering Emphasis
- Electrical Engineering
- Communications and Electronics Emphasis
- Controls Emphasis
- Computers Emphasis
- Power and Energy Emphasis
- Engineering Physics
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Production Emphasis
- Management Emphasis
- Mechanical Engineering
- Software Engineering
To apply for admission to UW-Platteville, submit a complete UW-System application
- UW-Platteville Admissions Office
- 1 University Plaza
- Platteville, WI 53818
- or apply online at http://apply.wisconsin.edu.
Request that your official transcripts be forwarded directly to the UW-Platteville Admissions Office from both your
high school and from all colleges or universities you have attended.
While there is no deadline for applying to the University, early application is recommended due to UW-System enrollment
management efforts that may require us to limit our enrollment.
|General Admission Requirements|
All transfer students may be admitted if the student has earned a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or higher in courses
deemed to be transferable AND are in good standing at the instittion they are currently attending or have attended. Students
transferring from a UW-College with an earned Associate of Arts and Sciences degree will have met all university general education requirements.
General Education Requirements
|Course work available at the UW-Colleges|
- General Engineering Core Requirements
- CHE 145 and 155
- EGR 100
- EGR 282
- MAT 221, 222, and 223
- MEC 201 and 202
- PHY 201 and 202
- Students must successfully complete the General Engineering core program requirements before accumulating 60 credits.
Students who complete their core in the Fall must earn the following Grade Point Average (GPA) in the core:
- Each Student must earn a grade of "C" or better in MAT 221 and 222.
- Students transferring into engineering with an Associate of Arts and Science degree from the UW-Colleges will have satisfied the General Education requirements for UW-Platteville.