Add / Drop Policies
This pane clears float!
Changes in your schedule can be made anytime after your initial registration has been completed. Not attending class does not constitute withdrawal from a course.
Fall and Spring Sessions
Course changes may be made using PASS self-service as follows:
- Add a course through the 5th day of classes
- Drop a course through the 10th day of classes
- Students may not drop all courses (zero credits) online – see below
- The course drop period of course is the midway point in the course length (e.g. through the 8th week for a full semester course).
- A course dropped in the first two weeks of the semester will not appear on the academic record.
- A course dropped after the first two weeks but prior to the drop deadline is noted on the transcript as a withdrawal with a grade of ‘W.’ This is a non-punitive grade.
- Courses added during the second week require the completion of an add form and signature of the instructor. Courses added after the 10th day also require permission of the department chair and the college assistant or associate dean.
- After the first two weeks of the semester (10th day of instruction), a drop or add fee of $15.00 per class will be charged. Students will be required to pay the drop or add fee before a class is actually dropped or added.
- A student withdrawing prior to the start of the semester may cancel their enrollment by submitting an email via their UW-Platteville email account to the Office of the Registrar or submitted a written request with their signature.
- A student withdrawing after the start of the semester must complete a withdrawal form available from the Office of the Registrar.
- Enrollment cancelled prior to the start of the Semester = Full Refund
- Withdrawals during the first five days of the semester = Full Refund less $50.00
- Withdrawals during the second week (days 6-10) of the semester = Full Refund less $100
- Withdrawals during the third or fourth week of the semester = 50% refund
- Withdrawals after the fourth week of the semester = No Refund
- In those instances in which a student can document nonattendance at the institution after having enrolled in one or more courses, the student shall be assessed fees equal to 20% of the original fees due, reduced to resident rates, plus the late payment fee.
- Dropping all of your classes constitutes a withdrawal from school. A full withdrawal cannot be done in PASS.
- Tuition refunds are processed accordingly per policies established by statutory provisions, the Board of Regents and administrative policy.
- For additional dates, refer to the academic calendar.
Online drop/add for full 8-week classes will be available as follows:
- add through the 2nd day of classes
- drop through the 5th day of classes
- After the 5th day of instruction for a summer class, a drop fee of $15.00 per class will be charged. Students will be required to pay the drop fee before the class is actually dropped.
The deadline for dropping a course of less than 8 weeks shall be as follows:
Course Length Drop Deadline 1 week Wednesday, week 1 2 weeks Friday, week 1 3 weeks Wednesday, week 2 4 weeks Friday, week 2 5 weeks Wednesday, week 3 6 weeks Friday, week 3 7 weeks Wednesday, week 4 8 weeks Friday, week 4
- Notations of "withdrawn" in short-term courses will be calculated on the same percentage basis as the 8-week courses by the Registrar's office. Not attending class does not constitute withdrawal from courses.
- Dropping all of your classes constitutes a withdrawal from school. It is necessary to complete the appropriate paperwork at the Registrar's office.
- Please note, these deadlines are for dropping a course. For information regarding refund deadlines, please contact the Cashier's office at 608.342.1211.
The Registrar's office must be notified, in writing, by the first day of class if students who are registered for Winterim wish to cancel their registration. Dropping from a course during the first five days of class will initiate a refund. There is no refund if the notification is received after the fifth day.
This pane clears float!