This pane clears float!
Note: Digital Signature Information is required to sign the documents. Also, the newest version of Reader or any version of Acrobat Pro is needed to complete these forms.
- All proposals submitted to the University Undergraduate Curriculum Commission will need to be submitted on one of the following four forms:
The following items shall be submitted to the UUCC for approval and will require two readings:
- New Majors, Minors, Courses
- Changes in requirements for existing majors or minors
- New or revised course sequences, emphases, concentrations, or certifications
- Changes in credits
- Dropping courses
- Changes in course titles, numbers, prerequisites, or descriptions for courses fulfilling General Education requirements
- One-Time Courses - Workshops
The following items shall be submitted to the UUCC for approval and will require one reading. The exception, as stated above, is that courses fulfilling General Education requirements will require two readings:
- Changes in course titles, numbers, prerequisites, or descriptions
- Select the appropriate UUCC form by clicking on the corresponding link above.
- Obtain signatures. Certification signatures attest to approval by departments, schools, and colleges sponsoring the proposal, and to knowledge and awareness by those programs that may be affected by the proposal.
- The signed proposal must then be approved by the curriculum committees for all sponsoring departments, schools, and colleges. All programs that may be directly affected by the proposal should be informed, and if necessary, revisions may be made to the satisfaction of everyone concerned.
- The sponsoring program sends the forms via email (pdf format) to the recording secretary of the commission by noon, 9 days prior to the scheduled meeting.
- The recording secretary forwards the documents to the Vice Chancellor’s Office for signature. Once approved it will receive a document number and be placed in the shared directory for viewing by the UUCC members.
- The sponsoring program will receive a confirmation email from the recording secretary informing them of the document number and the date and time of the next meeting.
- UUCC members, deans, department chairs, and school directors will receive a meeting agenda approximately 5 working days prior to the meeting.
- The department chair, school director or designee of the sponsoring program shall be present at UUCC meetings each time the proposal is scheduled for consideration.
- If department chair, school director or designee of the sponsoring program is not present at the UUCC meeting when a proposal is being considered, the proposal will be tabled until a subsequent meeting.
Questions regarding this procedure shall be directed to the Chair of the UUCC.
This pane clears float!