Experience science, technology, engineering, and mathematics in action during a week of STEM Discovery at UW-Platteville.
Learn more STEM in the world around us as you:
- Participate in hands-on projects and actual field experiences
- Attend classes and labs in our state-of-the-art facilities
- Explore potential STEM majors and careers
Throughout this unique summer program, you will meet UW-Platteville faculty, staff, and student mentors, and other college-bound peers. STEM Discovery will also provide opportunities to:
- Develop personal, team, and leadership skills
- Experience college-level coursework and the academic tools needed to succeed
- Build a discovery portfolio that highlights your interests and future goals
WHO: Entering freshmen, sophomores, and juniors in high school are eligible to attend. The program is appropriate for students who have little to no experience in STEM disciplines. Women and African American, Native American, Latina/o, and Asian students are encouraged to apply.
WHAT: One-week summer residential program at UW-Platteville featuring hands-on projects in a variety of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics disciplines.
WHEN: July 23–29, 2017
WHERE: UW-Platteville campus
COST: STEM Discovery is designed to be an outreach program for low-income families. Students who are eligible for free or reduced lunch will be provided with transportation, registration, meals, and lodging at no cost. DPI pre-college scholarships are also available for Wisconsin resident students who are eligible for free or reduced lunch.
REGISTRATION: If you are interested in participating in STEM Discovery, please complete an application. After applying, you will receive notification from our pre-college team about your participation and registration information.