Here, you will find an assortment of helpful resources that can help guide you through the college process. We have compiled valuable information for both students and parents which will prepare you to make the transition to college! Additionally, be sure to check out InSight, our free podcast. Please take some time to look through these resources. If you have any questions or concerns, we'd love for you to contact us today!
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is not responsible for the content of linked pages and videos.
See what important life and leadership lessons you can learn from the world around you: Trillornottrill.com
- The best way to begin this process is to learn about yourself. Know yourself
- Support networks are the key to your sustained success. Build a support network
- Involvement outside of the classroom matters. Outside the classroom?
- Focus and diligence in the classroom pays off big! Inside the classroom
- College 101: Everything you need to know about college. College 101
- Fit is important when you buy shoes; how much more important is Finding your college fit?
- Have you ever wondered what life on a college campus is like? Campus life
- Exicted to find out what college classes are really like? Academic life
- Planning on going on a campus visit soon? Campus visit guide
- Ready to search for colleges? College search
- Having a hard time thinking of a college major? Explore careers
- When applying to college, it is common to have to write an essay. Essays
- Ready to start thinking about college? College knowledge questionnaire
- Are you the first in your family to go to college? FirstGenerationStudent.com
- Want step-by-step help completing the FAFSA? Webinar completing the FAFSA
- Interested in receiving expert advice about college planning? College planning books
- Looking for a free college search tool? College Navigator
- Interested in your state's policies around higher education? Pathways to college
- Here's more information about ACT Test Prep. Test Prep
- Parents' Practical Guide to College Preparation
- Parents' Guide to College Requirements
- Informational site for parents, by parents: College Parents of America
- Letting Go: Tips for Parents of New College Students
- How Can Parents Help With College Searches and Applications?
Paying for College
- UW-Platteville Financial Aid
- College Savings Calculator
- Tools and Calculators
- Financial Aid Timeline
- Financial Aid Checklist
- College Savings Options
- College Tuition Tax Credits