Financial literacy is one of of the most important, yet alienating aspects of the college process. Parents and students alike do not always have the background knowledge necessary to feel at ease about navigating the financial aspects. For this reason, this page exists to provide prospective students and their families with background knowledge of terminology and the college financial aid process as a whole. Here, you will find educational resources that will help you grow your understanding, hopefully your ease in navigating this process. The sources used on this page almost exclusively come from approved government sites that speak specifically to the broader picture of financial aid. In addition, I have provided the link the UW-PLatteville Financial Aid office so that you can learn more about how things work here.
For more information about financial aid oppurtunities at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, visit our Financial Aid Office.
Helpful Links: FAFSA
- FAFSA Website
- Federal Student Aid Website
- Application and Verification Guide: A question-by-question explanation of the FAFSA
- Types of Federal Student Aid
- Federal Student Aid Eligibility: Who Gets Aid?
- Eligibility for Federal Student Aid Infographic
- Applying for Federal Student Aid
- "Loan" is Not a Dirty Word: How to Repay Loans
- Understanding the Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- How the EFC is calculated
- Calculate your EFC
Helpful links: Grants and Scholarships
- Grants and Scholarships: Gift Aid
- Finding and Applying for Scholarships
- UW-Platteville's Scholarships
- Aid for military families
- Department of Labor: Scholarship Search Tool
- Fastweb - Scholarship Search Tool
- State of Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board (HEAB) Financial Aid Programs
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is not responsible for the content of linked pages.