SW Wisconsin Room
$10.164/hour. This is a limited term employment (LTE) position; 20 hours/week, 1,043 hours annually (from start date).
The work hours are Wednesday 9-4, Thursday 10-4, and Friday 9-4.
In general, this position requires a knowledge and interest in genealogy and local history research, ability to work with people, a good understanding of public and private primary sources, and a good working knowledge of word processing, database, and other computer programs.
- Greet patrons when they enter the SW Wisconsin Room. (10%)
- Assist patrons with their research questions. (20%)
- Monitor and answer patron research requests per telephone, email, and letter. (25%)
- Work on assigned projects. (20%)
- Monitor the reading room. (10%)
- Keep the Reading Room orderly by shelf reading and putting items back on the shelves. (4%)
- Record daily statistics. (1%)
- Work on other duties as assigned. (10%)
2306 Ullsvik Hall
University of Wisconsin-Platteville
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818
Application materials must be received by close of business Thursday, April 18, 2013.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, seeks to build a diverse faculty and staff and encourages applications from women and persons of color. The names of nominees and applicants who have not requested in writing that their identities be kept confidential, and of all finalists, will be released upon request. Employment requires a criminal background check.