Women's & Gender Studies, Ethnic Studies, and Speech Programs
||University Services Associate 1
||This is a limited term employment (LTE) position; approximately 20 hours/week, 1,043 hours annually (from start date).
In charge of general office operations for the Women's and Gender Studies Program, Ethnic Studies Program, and Speech Program which include but are not limited to:
- Course organization and office operations:
- Prepare class schedules, and faculty work load reports
- Take ten day enrollment count (each term), and maintain files on enrollment.
- Prepare textbook distribution lists and/or order new textbooks.
- Obtain professor's desk copies from publishers.
- Prepare and submit SCH Reports, Coop lists, Office/Class Schedule lists and any other reports as requested by the Dean's Office.
- Maintain office supplies / Prepare orders to Central Stores and MDS as needed.
- Prepare Purchase Requisitions (submitting and confirmation).
- Reservations for car fleet or motel reservations for conferences.
- Submit any necessary paperwork for conference reservations.
- Course syllabi and typing as needed.
- Distribution of mail to faculty and staff members.
- Maintain filing system for the program.
- Make queries in the PASS system as needed.
- Organize, summarize, and distribute course evaluations for the program while maintaining confidentiality of evaluations.
- Mail and duplicating request forms / special duplicating projects.
- Prepare any Payment to Individual Reports, Travel Expense Reports, and other reports as needed.
- Maintain files for all program accounts.
- Special Events:
- Make reservations for space requirements, AV equipment needed, etc. for special events or guest speakers for all programs.
- Make catering requests for any special events as needed.
- Provide student assistance:
- Enter into the PASS System student permissions for the registration process.
- Reply to email requests and information requests from students.
- Reply to telephone inquiries concerning issues pertaining to the program.
- Regarding Inquiries and Pertinent Information:
- Reply to e-mail requests from faculty regarding issues pertaining to the programs.
- Reply to telephone inquiries in regard to the programs.
- Maintain Office Equipment:
- Prepare annual maintenance contract for copier and submit.
- Deal with maintenance and repair issues.
- Order copier supplies.
2306 Ullsvik Hall
University of Wisconsin-Platteville
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818
Application materials must be received by close of business on Friday, November 23, 2012.
Employment requires a criminal background check.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, seeks to build a diverse faculty and staff and encourages applications from women and persons of color. The names of nominees and applicants who have not requested in writing that their identities be kept confidential, and of all finalists, will be released upon request.