Office of Continuing Education
||Website Coordinator/Database Support
||~20 hours per week; 1,043 hours annual from start date.
This is a limited term employment (LTE) position.
||Director, Continuing Education
The person in this position will be primarily responsible for organizing, developing, updating and maintaining the Continuing Education website, starting with organizing and managing the conversion of the website to the new Content Management System. Convert web pages to Word documents, disseminate to program managers and coordinators to review and update content according to established timeline.
Work with program coordinators and staff to ensure information on OCE web pages for classes, events and services is current and accurate. Develop processes and systems for staff to use in communicating about web updates and revisions and new web pages. Assist with developing the OCE website as a platform for promotions, communications and customer, instructor and vendor recruitment, and more.
Understand and implement all functions and technical aspects of the registration software, including setting up programs, sites, reports, downloading registrations, generating registration confirmations. Work with program staff and promotions coordinator to schedule and implement email blasts to promote programs and provide information to stakeholders and external constituent groups. Serve as back-up administrator for social media sites created by staff.
Assist with other tasks related to the activities of the OCE office and programs and events, such as weekend classes and camps, evening classes, etc., as needed. Other duties as assigned.
- Update and maintain OCE web pages, to ensure information for classes, events and services is current and accurate.
- Develop processes and systems for staff to use to submit, review, revise updates/new pages.
- Assist with developing OCE web pages for promotions, communications, customer surveys.
- Assist with downloading registrations on a daily basis, as needed.
- Understand and implement all functions and technical aspects of the registration software.
- Work with office and registration staff to maintain and update registration software.
- Work with program staff and promotions coordinator to schedule and implement email blasts to promote programs and provide information to stakeholders and external constituent groups.
- Serve as back-up administrator for social media sites created by program staff.
- Assist with entering classes and events, and generating registration confirmations.
- Assist with other tasks related to the activities of the OCE office and programs and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Program in HTML, Java Script, PHP
- Familiar with Photoshop, Illustrator
- Familiar with CMS, specifically Drupal T
- Familiar with registration software and customer databases
- Graphic design skills
- Writing and editing skills - work with a variety of audiences with different communication styles and needs
- Proficient in MS Office
- Word, Excel, Access, PPT, Googledocs
- Communication skills
- Written emails
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills
- Project management skills
- Prioritize, organize; establish and meet deadlines
- Work until projects are completed to the satisfaction of staff and customers
- Email marketing - marketing/promotion experience
- Interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated
- Detail oriented
- Team player
2306 Ullsvik Hall
University of Wisconsin-Platteville
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818
Application materials must be received by close of business on Monday, March 25, 2013.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, seeks to build a diverse faculty and staff and encourages applications from women and persons of color. The names of nominees and applicants who have not requested in writing that their identities be kept confidential, and of all finalists, will be released upon request. Employment requires a criminal background check.