Office of Continuing Education
||Youth Program Coordinator
||Half-time (50%) appointment, 1,043 hours annually from start date. This is a limited term employment (LTE) position.
||Community Outreach Program Manager, Continuing Education.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills; proven time-management, organizational, and project-management skills; ability to develop budgets and track program revenue and expenses; experience with program planning, development, promotion and marketing, coordination and evaluation; capable of seeing the "big picture" while also attending to details and follow-up. Flexibility and interpersonal skills to work effectively with personnel associated with College for Kids/Middle University, Forensic Science Camp, including participants and their parents, instructors, volunteers, partners and sponsors - as well as with Continuing Education student workers, co-workers and colleagues. Demonstration of a "customer service" approach to working with internal and external groups to meet community needs and interests, and to increase the visibility and viability of Continuing Education's youth programs.
- Plan College for Kids/Middle University commuter camp and Forensic Science residential/commuter camp.
- Seek alternative funding and sponsorship support when feasible, and ensure that program revenue and self-support requirements are met.
- Develop print- and electronic-based marketing plan to promote the youth programs to prospective and past participants, related businesses, community groups and networks.
- Coordinate logistics - reserve facilities, plan for meals/refreshments, assign classrooms.
- Provide support for other campus-based programs such as the Engineering Camp.
- Conduct program assessment and evaluation, and provide reports of activities and impact.
- Other duties as assigned.
2306 Ullsvik Hall
University of Wisconsin-Platteville
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818
Application materials must be received by close of business on Monday, March 18, 2013.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, seeks to build a diverse faculty and staff and encourages applications from women and persons of color. The names of nominees and applicants who have not requested in writing that their identities be kept confidential, and of all finalists, will be released upon request. Employment requires a criminal background check.