||This is a limited term employment (LTE) position; 1,043 hours annually (from start date).
Oversee the metal casting learning lab facility, processing equipment and metal cutting machinery, and coordinate learning activities for the area.
- Oversee laboratory equipment installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment for continuous usage.
- Maintain, upgrade, and repair equipment in metal casting facility, metal formation, machining, welding, destructive and non-destructive testing and metrology laboratories.
- Provide support and set-up of equipment in the areas of metal casting, thermal processing (heat treatment).
- Assist in setting up and troubleshooting new equipment to ensure safe and functional operation to facilitate machine functionality and learning facilitation.
- Coordinate and manage the acquisition and delivery of supplies required to operate and maintain a metal products learning lab facility.
- Maintain, upgrade, and repair equipment in metal fabrication, welding, machining, and casting facility maintaining equipment operation to manufacturer specifications.
- Maintain CNC equipment, manual lathes, machine controllers, operating computer software, and equipment electronics to specifications.
- Create and update laboratory operating manuals for undergraduate metal processing labs in collaboration with faculty as needed.
- Assist in the acquisition, design, and construction of new laboratory processing equipment, including layout and functional operation.
- Create and implement an operational process to prioritize work and repair requests and manage the process to address for faculty needs for learning.
- Provide instructional support to undergraduate laboratories and research in the areas of metal casting, thermal processing and mechanical properties testing.
- Interact with students regarding lab operations.
- Independently audit learning labs with periodic inspections to ensure process and operation conformity and safely.
- Must coordinate the hazardous material acquisition and disposal.
- Repairs and maintain all tooling including responsibility for cleanliness and organization of the tools in the laboratory.
- Create and maintain a preventative maintenance program in a metals learning lab, for all metals processing machines including mechanical upkeep.
- All other tasks as requested and necessary to complete learning outcomes.
2306 Ullsvik Hall
University of Wisconsin-Platteville
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818
Application materials must be received by close of business on Wednesday, January 16, 2013.
Employment requires a criminal background check.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, seeks to build a diverse faculty and staff and encourages applications from women and persons of color. The names of nominees and applicants who have not requested in writing that their identities be kept confidential, and of all finalists, will be released upon request.