School of Graduate Studies
The School of Graduate Studies has an opening for an on-going, part-time position, Mondays through Fridays, four hours per day in the afternoons. Hourly rate is $10.164/hour. This is a limited term employment (LTE) position; 20 hours/week, 1,043 hours annually (from start date).
- 50% - Graduate degree seeking applications for admission - campus-based programs.
- Intake applications for admission (electronic and paper) and deposit processing fee.
- Computer entry of applications and acknowledgement of receipt to applicant.
- Notification to applicant of any additional items needed for processing of application.
- Forward application materials to the program area for an admission decision - then to the dean of the School of Graduate Studies for a final admission decision.
- Notification to applicant of the admission decision.
- For international applicants - coordinate with the international student advisor regarding items needed.
- Maintain and update office database and computer as needed.
- 15% - Assist with document preparation for scanning and scanning of documents.
- Link scanned documents into computer system.
- 10% - Admit graduate special students (non-degree seeking).
- 16% - Applications for graduate assistantships.
- Intake applications.
- Maintain database.
- Assist in the preparation and mailing of assistantship contracts.
- Receive and process completed assistantship contracts.
- 4% - Answer phones and assist walk-in students.
- 3% - Other duties as assigned.
- 2% - File.
Applicants are requested to complete an online application. To begin the application process click the appropriate link below. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included:
- Names and Contact information for three References
A potential applicant who is NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System, click here to apply:
A current employee of the University of Wisconsin System, click here to apply:
Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) by selecting the link below. External applicants can also view the FAQs after accessing the online system by clicking on the "Help" link in the upper right corner.
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by May 15, 2013.
If you have application questions call or email:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, seeks to build a diverse faculty and staff and encourages applications from women and persons of color. The names of nominees and applicants who have not requested in writing that their identities be kept confidential, and of all finalists, will be released upon request.
It is the policy of UW Platteville to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.