Writing and Tutoring Resources
$10.266/hr. This is an on-going, limited term employment (LTE) position for the academic year (9 months).
Monday-Friday, 4-5 hrs./day.
The Receptionist/Clerical Assistant is responsible for greeting visitors to Writing and Tutoring Resources (WATR); assisting in tutee intake and assessing students' learning needs; assisting the tutors and Peer Assisted Leaders in their application process and after they are hired; assisting with student payroll; answering the telephone; making appointments; typing; filing; data entry; creating and maintaining spreadsheets; assisting with planning and organizing marketing events; and assisting with coordination of orientation and other training events. Assists director of WATR and coordinators of University Tutoring Services and The Writing Center to deliver high-quality tutoring services.
- Front desk (50%)
- Greet WATR visitors and direct them to appropriate offices and centers
- Assist coordinator with tutee and tutor intake
- Assist in coordinating the Peer Assisted Leaders (PAL) Program
- Make appointments and maintain calendar for WATR
- Answer telephone, check messages, take messages for staff
- Assist coordinators in tutor scheduling
- Provide information about University Tutoring Services and the University Writing Center to potential and current UW-Platteville students.
- Clerical (40%)
- Assist director and coordinators in preparing materials for special programs, workshops, etc. to meet the needs of students
- Assist director with maintaining user databases and statistical data
- Assist director and coordinators with monitoring budget, accounts, and financial operations
- Assist director and coordinators by understanding the policies and procedures of the UW-Platteville Payroll System, and assist student employees in using the system; approve and submit student payroll in conjunction with the coordinators
- Assist director and coordinators with preparation of required reports for the Division of Student Affairs, the University, and the UW System
- Assist director and coordinators in developing brochures and other marketing materials
- Assist director and coordinators in implementing a marketing plan to publicize WATR including appropriate campus media, pertinent classes, and through the residence hall system
- Assist director and coordinators in developing and maintaining the WATR website
- Assist director and coordinators in the implementation of departmental goals
- Assist director and coordinators in complying with departmental policies and operating procedures
- Attend in-services and professional development opportunities for staff, as appropriate
- Use word processing and database programs, such as Microsoft Word and Excel; learn university programs as appropriate
- Embrace and support diversity as a part of the educational process.
- Other duties as assigned (10%)
2306 Ullsvik Hall
University of Wisconsin-Platteville
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818
Application materials must be received by Friday, January 10, 2014.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer The names of nominees and applicants who have not requested in writing that their identities be kept confidential, and of all finalists, will be released upon request. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.