Academic Department Associate
CURRENT OFFICE SUPPORT VACANCY
|Classification Title(s)/JAC:||ACADEMIC DEPARTMENT ASSOCIATE 13-01297|
|Job Working Title(s):||Academic Department Associate|
|Type of Employment:||Full Time (40 hrs/week)|
|Salary:||The salary is $15.106 per hour plus an excellent fringe benefits package. This position is in schedule/range 02-11. A six month probationary period is required.|
|Contact:||Christine Buswell, Human Resources Manager, 608-342-1176, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Area of Competition:||Open|
|Deadline to Apply:||4/11/2013|
|Exam Information:||Exam cannot be previewed.|
To be eligible to apply for this position, you must have taken the Office Support exam within the last year. Your civil service score must be 70 or higher at the appropriate level of the vacancy (entry, intermediate, or advanced) and you must apply within 1 year of your exam date. Please check your Wisc.Jobs Job Cart to ensure that you have a current passing score for this position.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, located in southwest Wisconsin, is currently recruiting to fill an Academic Department Associate position in the Department of Business and Accounting.
Performs receptionist duties, obtains and inventories department's education and office equipment; troubleshoots problems with equipment. Assembles and monitors supply budget and procures supplies. Obtains and analyzes research data for department projects. Manages LTE & student help. Assists with search process for faculty/staff, and assists with clerical tasks needed to support distance education activities of the department.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin-Platteville Crime Statistics Report
is available. Call the UW-Platteville Campus Police Office at 608-342-1584 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Employment will require a criminal background check.
Knowledge of basic office protocol, word processing, and spreadsheets.
You must have taken and received a passing score at the Advanced Level on the Office Support exam administered by the Office of State Employment Relations. You will be using your Office Support score to apply for this vacancy and you must have a current score. In addition to having a current passing score on the Office Support exam, to be considered for this position you must apply online by following these steps:
If you have a Wisc.Jobs account:
- Navigate to the announcement at Wisc.Jobs.
- Click 'Log in to Apply' at the top of the job announcement and log into your account.
- Click 'Apply Now' at the top of the job announcement.
- Review your Job Application and make any necessary updates and click 'Continue'.
- Complete the Job Preferences page and click 'Continue'.
- Once you are on the Application Status page, click the 'Use Current Score' button. You will receive a message stating that "Your current score has been successfully applied to this recruitment." (If you do not have the 'Use Current Score' button, you have either not taken the Office Support exam or it has not yet been scored.)
If you do not have a Wisc.Jobs account:
- Navigate to the announcement at WiscJobs.
- Click 'Log In' at the top of the webpage.
- Click 'Create New Account' button and follow the steps to create a new account.
- Click 'Apply Now' at the top of the screen and complete steps 4 - 6 from above.
If you need assistance with the application process, contact Christine Buswell at (608) 342-1176 or email@example.com
Wisconsin State Government is an equal opportunity employer operating under an approved affirmative action plan. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage women, minorities and persons with disabilities to apply. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.