Office of Multicultural Student Affairs
This is a full-time, annual appointment with the period of employment beginning as soon as possible.
- Bachelor degree required, Master's preferred.
- AA minimum of at least two years of experience working with under-represented minority youth.
- Working knowledge of college readiness and recruitment strategies that affect access to education, retention, and achievement gap for underrepresented minority students.
- Experience working with diverse students from African American, American Indian, Latino/a and Southeast Asian populations.
- Requires a professional who is detail-oriented, takes direction well, has the capacity to be a leader and a role model, and can work both independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written, group facilitation and organizational skills along with the ability to exercise initiative when appropriate.
- Skilled in developing student leadership (not required).
- Additional language skills of Spanish and/or Hmong are preferred (not required).
- Marketing, web design and public relations skills preferred (not required).
The Pre-College Coordinator within the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs is responsible for recruiting, coordinating and running pre-college camps at the University of Wisconsin- Platteville. In addition, s/he works with the Multicultural Student Affairs team to establish, maintain and improve retention and degree completion efforts for under-represented minority students at UW-Platteville.
Submit a letter of application that addresses each published qualification for employment, a resume, a concise separate statement describing the applicant's history of working with or demonstrated commitment to addressing issues of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and/or other issues of historic marginalization; and the names, email addresses and telephone numbers of three references. Materials must be submitted via the online application system.
Applications received by January 25, 2013, will receive priority review.
Questions may be addressed to:
A potential applicant who is NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System, click here to apply:
A current employee of the University of Wisconsin System, click here to apply:
Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) by selecting the link below. External applicants can also view the FAQs after accessing the online system by clicking on the "Help" link in the upper right corner.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville
, enrolls approximately 8,000 students in over 40 majors including institutional emphasis areas of middle level education, engineering, technology management, agriculture, and criminal justice. The campus is located in scenic southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. UW Platteville is recognized as a cultural and educational center for the tri-state region of Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin.
Platteville is a friendly, progressive community of 10,000 set in the beautiful rolling landscape of Southwest Wisconsin. It offers an excellent school system, high quality municipal and medical facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and a vibrant business/industrial community. More information is available at http://www.platteville.com/
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, seeks to build a diverse faculty and staff and encourages applications from women and persons of color. The names of nominees and applicants who have not requested in writing that their identities be kept confidential, and of all finalists, will be released upon request. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin-Platteville Crime Statistics Report is available at http://www.uwplatt.edu/university/documents/student_policies/safety.html#crime_statistics. Call the UW-Platteville Campus Police Office at 608-342-1584 for a paper copy of the annual report.