Pioneer Involvement Center
UW-Platteville is seeking applicants for the Involvement Coordinator position, a full-time, 12 month academic staff appointment beginning on June 2, 2014. This position is housed in the Pioneer Involvement Center, reporting to the Assistant Director - Involvement.
- Master's degree;
- Minimum of one year experience working with college students;
- Demonstrated experience with student development theory relating to co-curricular learning outcomes, student leadership programs, organizational development, and training strategies;
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, written, verbal communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to make presentation to students, faculty, staff or community groups;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and attention to details;
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills pertaining to database management, form development, social media avenues, and standard office software;
- Ability to understand and interpret university policies and regulations;
- Must demonstrate commitment to or experience working with diverse groups and/or individuals as part of the educational process; and ;
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
- Area of study in Higher Education, College Student Personnel, Counseling, or a related field;
- One year experience advising student organizations;
- Ability to engage in assessment activities and social media; and ;
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
The Involvement Coordinator oversees the student involvement management software to document students' experiences through a comprehensive co-curricular transcript process. The Involvement Coordinator will manage registration processes, training programs, and outreach programs. The Involvement Coordinator will also advise the Segregated University Fee Allocation Commission (SUFAC). In addition, coordinate assessment activities and manage the social media avenues including the PIC Web pages.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville
, The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, enrolls about 8,000 students in 42 baccalaureate and 6 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, seeks to build a diverse faculty and staff and encourages applications from women and persons of color. The names of nominees and applicants who have not requested in writing that their identities be kept confidential, and of all finalists, will be released upon request. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin-Platteville Crime Statistics Report
is available for review. Call the UW-Platteville Campus Police Office at 608-342-1584 for a paper copy of the annual report.
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by March 3, 2014, however, applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Submit (1) a letter of application which addresses each (Required 1-9 and Preferred 1-4) published qualification for employment; (2) a current resume; (3) a concise separate statement of the applicant's history of working with or demonstrated commitment to addressing issues of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and/or other issues of historic marginalization; and (4) a list of three references (names, telephone numbers and email addresses). Questions may be addressed to: Lisa Udelhoven at 608-342-1089 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) by selecting the link below. External applicants can also view the FAQs after accessing the online system by clicking on the "Help" link in the upper right corner.
A potential applicant who is NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System, click here to apply:
A current employee of the University of Wisconsin System, click here to apply: