Transfer Students

We are excited to welcome you to UW-Platteville. In an effort to help you have a smooth transition to the campus and be succesful, the following is a list of resources to help you.


All UW-Platteville students are assigned an (faculty or academic staff) advisor. You can check out who that person is in your Student Center under your PASS account. Additional resources for helping you be best prepared for your advising meeting can be found here.

  • General Education Requirements – If you still need to complete general education requirements, you can find a list at this website.
  • Academic Catalog – Identify the requirements of your program. Choose the catalog for the year that you enter UW-Platteville.
  • PASS Tutorials – Learn more about your Academic Requirements Report and how to register for your classes.

Navigating the computer systems

  • PASS – The Pioneer Administrative Software System (PASS) is used for course registration, payment, financial aid, administrative functions, and more. To log in, select the PASS button. Online tutorials have been created to teach you how to register for classes, getting to your Academic Requirements Report, and validating your emergency contact information here.
  • Desire2Learn – is a course management system, often known as D2L, used to deliver learning resources to students, including syllabi, course content and other documents, and multimedia content. Students also use Desire2Learn to submit assignments, take tests and quizzes, and collaborate with instructors and classmates.
  • 365 - Your 365 account is your official account at UW-Platteville.  All e-mail and calendar invitations sent from university departments and personnel will go to this official account. Students can access tutorials on how best learn and manage this system here.


There are two options for housing at UW-Platteville. Find out which catagory you fit into best:

  • On-campus housing – University of Wisconsin System Board of Regent policy states that all freshman and sophomore students must live in university residence halls unless they meet established criteria for exemption. Exceptions to this requirement are authorized for the following reasons: Students who commute daily from the home of their parent/legal guardian; students who are 21 years of age or older; students who have been out of high school for at least two years; students who have 60 or more university credits; students who are married. Transfer students who fit the qualifications for exemption but would like to live in on-campus housing are welcome to apply for housing.
  • Off-campus housing – There are many different types of housing facilities located around the UW-Platteville campus. Rental Resources is your direct link to those options.

Financial Aid

Whether you need help filling out your FAFSA, or you have questions about scholarships, the Financial Aid office can be helpful campus resource for all of your financial needs.

Support Services

There are a variety of support services here on campus to help you make your time here at UW-Platteville a successful one. Below is a list of those services. A full list can be found here.

  • Writing and Tutoring Resources (WATR) provides low cost Tutoring for a variety of classes, the PAL program which is an academic assistance program that provides support both inside and outside of the classroom, and writing tutors who work one-on-one with students on any “word-related” needs.
  • Student Support Services is a federally funded TRiO program. Funded by the U.S. Department of Education they provide a variety of free support services to help eligible participants become successful college graduates.
  • Services for Students with Disabilities is available to assist students with disabilities in obtaining reasonable academic and non-academic accommodations as well as auxiliary aids.
  • Math Learning Center is staffed by students who can offer help with Mathematics and Science courses at most levels. This service is provided at no cost to any UW-Platteville student.
  • Algebra Skills Center offers tutoring assistance to students currently taking Math 10 (Elementary Algebra) or Math 15 (Intermediate Algebra). Located on third floor Brigham, the service is free to UW-Platteville students.
  • CenterPOINT is the  College of EMS Center for Projects, Opportunities, Instruction, Networking and Teamwork (CenterPOINT) a space designed to support student academic success.
  • Advising and Career Exploration Services (ACES) is the academic advising home for any student at UW-Platteville who is undecided about a major.
  • University Counseling Services (UCS) is the primary source of mental health counseling for students.
  • Pioneer Academic and Transitional Help (PATH) assists with college transition via study skills,test-taking tips, and time management.
  • College of EMS Student Success Programs houses four different units (Women in EMS,EMS Advising, CenterPOINT,and College of Menominee Nation program) all focused on helping students get the most out of their college experience.

Getting Involved

As a member of a student organization, you will have the opportunity to develop leadership and communication skills. Use the links below to navigate to more information about the many opportunities that students have here at UW-Platteville.

Footer Anchor