Strategic Direction and Learning Outcomes
During their first year at UW-Platteville, students will:
- Acquire, create, and maintain positive relationships with faculty, staff, other students, and themselves.
- Constitute an understanding for the shared values of the university community and accept the responsibilities of living within those values.
- Engage in the process of academic and career exploration.
- Participate in the activities of campus and community.
- Demonstrate an awareness of and ability to access campus resources.
- Participate successfully in academic and intellectual pursuits.
- Explore and validate respect for, engagement with, and exposure to diverse cultures, people, and points of view.
- Formulate and follow good decisions about time management, health, personal safety, and well being.
- Develop a sense of independence yet understand the interconnectedness to others.
- Develop and appreciate Pioneer pride in the university.
These goals will be accomplished through a team effort of dedicated and motivated faculty, staff, and students under the leadership of the staff of the Pioneer Academic and Transitional Help Center.