welcome to the pioneer passport office
The Pioneer Passport Office is in the process of issuing new Passport IDs to all faculty, staff and students.
Please note the following guidelines when obtaining your new ID: THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO INCOMING FRESHMAN
•You are required to bring and turn in your old ID.
• If you do not have your old ID to turn in, the cost will be $10 for the replacement.
• After you are issued your first new ID, the replacement cost will go up to $20.
• If your picture is more than two years old, you will be required to take a new picture.
RETURNING STUDENTS: Your current ID will continue to grant access to your Residence Hall and allow you to obtain books at the Textbook Center. Your current ID will also work in the Dining locations for your meal plans beginning with dinner on August 29th.
To ensure everyone has an opportunity to obtain their new ID, the following calendar has been set up to accommodate everyone.
• July 20–31: All staff, faculty, and returning students are welcome to go to the Passport office to obtain new ID.
• Aug. 3–14: The Passport office will NOT be issuing IDs at this time, as they will be printing new freshman IDs.
• Aug. 17–28: All staff, faculty, and returning students are welcome to go to the Passport office to obtain new ID.
• Aug. 31–Sept. 11: The Passport office will only be printing IDs for students who have lost their ID.
If you are not able to visit the Passport office and obtain your new ID during the above time slots, you must go according to the calendar below:
• Week of Sept. 14: Last name begins with A–E
• Week of Sept. 21: Last name begins with F–K
• Week of Sept. 28: Last name begins with L–P
• Week of Oct. 5: Last name begins with Q–U
• Week of Oct. 12: Last name begins with V–Z
After Oct. 19, the Passport Office will be open for all faculty, staff, and students to get a new ID.
The Pioneer Passport office provides university ID card services to all students and university staff. The Pioneer Passport is the official ID card for the University of Wisconsin-Platteville. All students are required to have a Pioneer Passport. Your Pioneer Passport is automatically validated each semester you are enrolled at UW-Platteville. It is very important to take care of your Passport because it is expected to last your entire college career at UW-Platteville.
Your Pioneer Passport is required for checking out textbooks and library books, laundry, participating in meal plans and Passport Funds; picking up financial aid and payroll checks; attending concerts, athletic events and many other campus activities; cashing checks at the Information Center in the Pioneer Student Center, and using the Pioneer Activity Center (PAC).
If you do not have a Pioneer Passport you should bring a picture ID (i.e. driver's license) to the Pioneer Passport office on the second floor of the Pioneer Student Center to have your photo taken and your Passport made. There is no charge for your first Passport but there is a $20.00 charge for replacements.
If you lose your Pioneer Passport or have a problem with it, contact the Pioneer Passport office as soon as possible. Lost Passports can be replaced immediately. If you have any questions call 608.342.1449.