- The purpose of this club is to promote the sport of bowling and to give the students the opportunity to bowl at the intercollegiate level.
- Name of Organization: The name of this organization shall be The
UW-Platteville Bowling Club.
- Membership: This organization's membership shall consist of any
UW-Platteville student who wishes to participate.
- Executive Committee: This organization shall have an Executive Committee,
which shall be made up of these officers: President, Vice-President, Secretary,
Treasurer, and Publicist. Quorem is 1/2 (half) of the executive officers.
- Positions: There will be a President, Vice President, Secretary,
Treasurer, Publicist, Men's Captain, and a Women's Captain. Each Executive
officer can hold only one position of the five (President, Vice-President,
Secretary, Treasurer, and Publicist). An Executive officer can also be a
- Club Meetings: The Executive Committee shall have the authority to call
meetings, both emergency and regular, to discuss matters of importance.
- Finances: Club dues will be determined for the upcoming school year at
the final meeting in the spring. Dues will be used for awards presentation at
the end of the season, to help defer costs of traveling, entry fees, and
lodging at tournaments; and to pay the Wisconsin Collegiate Bowling Conference
(WCBC) dues. The club dues must be paid before the first tournament of the
year. (NOTE: If dues are not paid, student will not travel to the tournament.)
- Amendments: An amendment must be brought before the Executive Committee
and must receive a 2/3 vote with quorum. If passed the amendment will take
effect after voted upon.
- Elections: The club positions will be elected in the spring and will
serve a one-year term. The entire club votes for the Executive Officers, the
Men's team only votes for the Men's Captain, and the Women's team only votes
for the Women's Captain. Positions are elected by a majority vote by the
members present at the meeting.
- Club members have the right to participate in any and all club activities.
- The Executive Board can change the grammar and spelling errors of the constitution without making an amendment.
Duties of the club officers are as follows:
- Become familiar with USBC Collegiate rules.
- Determine the need for, and in cooperation with the Secretary, call Executive Committee meetings.
- Preside over meetings.
- Maintain a current mailing list of Executive Committee members, and club advisor, including
- Verify club accounts at least once a month.
- Check club mailbox at least once a week.
- Request University vehicles as soon as the Conference schedule is received.
- Complete all necessary paperwork of the club.
- Keep open communication with the club advisor on at least a bi-weekly basis.
- Work with treasurer for SUFAC requests.
- Attend necessary SUFAC meetings, deliberations, and reconsiderations. Dress appropriately
and represent the club to respected organizations on campus.
- Delegate out other duties as needed.
- Perform duties of the President when he/she is absent.
- Assist the President.
- Check that all duties are met of club members, executive officers, and captains.
- Administer all sanctioning requirements.
- Post announcements, minutes of meetings, and inform absent members of information covered.
- Maintain a current list of all club members, including addresses and telephone numbers.
- Submit SUFAC Budget requests.
- Collect dues.
- Keep records of all transactions.
- Prepare a financial report by the time of the final meeting.
- Record all qualifying scores.
- Attend SUFAC meetings, deliberations, and reconsiderations.
- Meet with President monthly after bank statement is received.
- Bring checkbook to each club meeting.
- Keep up to date records of each transaction.
- Save all records and transactions on a computer file as a back up.
- Responsible for having web page updated once a month and as needed.
- Send flyers out for the first meeting of the semester, fundraising events, or special
- Organize fundraisers throughout the semester.
- Fill out fundraising form before fundraising event begins.
- Send out recruitment e-mails, flyers, posters, and advanced information.
- Collect interest surveys.
- Make announcements to the Orange and Blue and Exponent as needed.
- Write story and send pictures to the cd-rom Yearbook members.
- Take and develop pictures to be used on the web page and yearbook.
- Keep a positive attitude within the team and University.
- Encourage team members.
- Show good sportsmanship to the entire bowling conference.
- Vote for conference issues at tournaments.
- Sign score sheets of the other teams at the conference tournaments.
- Responsibility of SCAB meetings or finding a representative to take their place.
- Share SCAB minutes with the Executive Board.
- Communicates equally with substitute and low-scorer when entering and exiting a game.
Qualification for Tournaments
- The bowler must bowl 12 games (two 6-game qualifying blocks on separate nights) prior to
- The Executive Board will vote on the format of qualifying for each meet.
- Top 6 qualifiers for the men and women's division will travel.
- Be in good academic standing according to USBC Collegiate rules.
- Must be sanctioned through USBC Collegiate.
- Officer in question will be notified first with a verbal warning.
- Officer in question will be warned with written documentation of concern that
duties are not being met.
- The Executive Board will ask officer in question to resign on his or her own.
- The remainder of the Executive Board votes to remove the officer in question with a 2/3
- Problems with a captain should be brought to an Executive Board Member.
- The Captain in question will first be warned verbally and then given written
- All members present of the club will vote by a secret ballot. The captain will be
removed with a 2/3 affirmative vote.
Any Club Member
- Any member not following the code of conduct will first
be verbally warned and then given written documentation of rule or rules
- The Executive Board then votes to remove the member in question with a 2/3 affirmative
- The Executive Committee shall be responsible for the organization and for the financial matters
that concern club activities.