The name of this organization shall be; Platteville Early Childhood Association.
ARTICLE II, PURPOSE
The purpose of PECA is to serve and act on behalf of the needs and rights of all young children, with primary focus on:
1) supporting and fostering professional development through local workshops and inservices; 2) acting as a support group for all persons involved with young children, as an example, school boards, teachers supportive staff, parents, health centers and courts; 3) providing a group framework for all persons concerned with the health, education and welfare of young children; 4) advocating children's educational, social and legal rights.
ARTICLE III, MEMBERSHIP
ARTICLE IV, OFFICERS
ARTICLE V, OFFICERS- RESPONSIBILITIES
4) Publicity Coordinator(s)
ARTICLE VI, ADMINISTRATIVE BODY
1) The administrative body of this organization shall be an Executive Committee made up of current organization officers.
2) The duties of the Executive Committee are as follows:
ARTICLE VII, ELECTIONS
1) The Nomination Committee shall consist of no fewer than three members.
2) Members of the Nominating Committee shall be appointed by the President in conjunction with the Executive Committee.
3) Presentation of the slate: The slate, prepared by the Nominating Committee, shall be made available to the membership fourteen days prior to the election.
4) The Nominating Committee will nominate only members in good standing in the organization.
5) Direct balloting shall take place at a membership meeting. Members shall be notified of this meeting fourteen days prior to the meeting.
6) Elections shall be determined by a majority of the voting quorum present membership.
7) The membership shall be informed of election results by announcement at a membership meeting and/or publication in a newsletter.
ARTICLE VIII MEETINGS
1) There shall be no fewer than two business meetings annually.
2) The setting of meeting dates shall be the responsibility of the Executive Committee.
3) The Executive Committee shall give at least five business days notice for any meeting for every member.
4) Thirty percent (30%) of the membership shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business at a business meeting.
ARTICLE IX Dues AND MEMBERSHIP YEAR
1) Dues shall be determined by the Executive Committee of the organization.
2) The membership year and fiscal year shall extend from October 1st through September 30th.
ARTICLE X ,-AMENDING BYLAWS
1) These bylaws may be amended at any time by an affirmative vote by 2/3 of the members present at a meeting called for such a purpose, with written notice of the proposed amendment having been sent to the entire membership at least fourteen days prior to the meeting.
2) Amendments may be proposed by any member of the organization and shall be approved by the Executive