This page is currently under construction.
University contact person: Krista Hardyman
Bubble sheet suggestions for Vet Science CDE
Information from related Vet Science Events:
Contest Purpose: The purpose of the veterinary science career development event is to promote college and career readiness by providing opportunities to develop technical knowledge and demonstrate practical skills in the field of veterinary science.
I. Participants will demonstrate professional ethics, decision-making, communication and problem-solving skills.
II. Participants will demonstrate technical competency with small and large animals in the areas of:
1. Anatomy and physiology
2. Clinical procedures
4. Health and safety
5. Medical terminology
1. Written test - questions covering veterinary science and practices
2. Identification of specimens of equipment, parasites or breeds
3. Math problem practicum - deals with weights and dosage scenarios
4. Practicums (one or more of the following)
· Small animal handling/restraining
· Handling of medical equipment
· Filling s syringe
· Identification of parasites using a microscope