Return to list of
Contact person: Pete Drone
Score sheets and information to be used in the Meats CDE
Bubble sheet suggestions for Meats CDE
Information from related Meats Events:
Students must bring their own
hard hat and frock.
Cell phones are not allowed.
Contest Purpose: To provide a competitive event for high school
agriculture students, emphasizing skills in meat processing industry.
- To develop students' skills in identifying wholesale
and retail cuts of lamb, pork, and beef.
- To develop students' skills in ranking carcasses,
wholesale and/or retail cuts of meat.
- To develop students' skills in grading pork and/or beef
- The Meat Evaluation Contest will be held at Weber’s in
Cuba City and in Engineering Hall at the UW-Platteville campus.
- The contest will be limited to the first twenty teams
sending in and paying for their pre-registration.
- A maximum of four members will be allowed per team.
All schools must provide their own hard hats
and white frocks.
Students will not be allowed in the processing plant
without a hard hat or frock.
Students must wear hard shoes. In other words, no
Each student should have a clipboard suitable for the
8½" x 11" judging forms.
- The top three scores
constitute the team score.
- Students from schools
having less than three or more than four people may judge as individuals.
Please note the fee schedule when pre-registering.