1. Order called at 7 pm.
2. Welcome by President Kelly Culhane
3. Introduction of other officers:
VP: Dave Hartmann
Treas.: Elana Walters
Secretary: Renee Roloff
PR: Megan Disher, Shannon Morgan
4. Icebreaker: everyone tells their name, year, and major and then tells about a scar they have or if they don't have one, a little about their family or hometown.
5. Ideas for the year:
-camping trip (although it is getting too cold too soon)
-Henvry Vilas Zoo behind the scenes tour
-snowboarding or skiing
-trip to Bay Beach Wildlife Park near Green Bay
-picnics with faculty
-Visit Eagle Valley (prairie burn, seed collection)
-speakers throughout the year
6. Dues are $5 a semester, $10 a year
7. Ideas for fundraisers include: plant sale, plant kit sales, brat sales, and t-shirts (as Robin Keys so kindly modeled) are still available for ordering
8. Treasurers Report: $229.98 before purchasing ice cream
9. Secretary: nothing
10. PR: Shannon Morgan has been e-mailing other groups for ideas, so far has gotten about 10 responses
11. VP: nothing
12. Wednesday, September 23 will be the Student/Faculty picnic at 5 pm at the driving range, below Pickard Hall. BioClub will supply the brats, burgers, and veggie burgers. There is a sign-up sheet in the BioClub Room (248 Gardner Hall) so members can bring a dish to pass.
13. Our Webmaster, Sean Willey, has been and will be continuing to work hard to keep the bioclub website up to date, so visit it for info on upcoming activities.
14. The Dean's Office wishes to announce the BILSA alumni will have a celebrating luncheon on Saturday, Oct. 9 from 11:15-1:30 in Russell Hall and would appreciate members to help out. They need to borrow cooles, ice, and trays.
15. Since there were so many people at the first meeting, members are encouraged to think about participating in Homecoming games! Is anyone interested?
16. If anyone has any suggestions about anything, or comments, or questions, feel free to e-mail "bioclub"
17. Advisor Beth Frieders has picked up a couple boxes of testbooks for the bioclub room. She will need help unloading them.
18. There is a new bulletin board outside of the biology office on second floor Gardner and there are a couple job postings on it. Stop by and take a look!!
19. Emily Olson arrived and introduced herself.
20. Adjourned to ice cream at 7:40 pm
THANKS TO ALL WHO ATTENDED; HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE PICNINC!
DON'T FORGET TO SIGN UP IN THE BIOCLUB ROOM!!