Minutes for September 11, 2002
1. Introduction of officers, advisors, and members
President: Kate Schnell
Vice-President: Heather Herman
Secretary: Erin Berghammer
Treasure: Tim Rolle
Webmaster: Eric Tourbier
Public Relations: Rachel Schmitt, Jen Killian,and Melanie Hein
Advisors: Beth Frieders and Amanda Trewin
2. Plant Sale: Sept. 18, 19 (Wed. and Th.) from 12-4pm. Plants will be sold for between $1-2, so come out and buy a plant!
3. Brat Sale at Wal-mart Sept. 28, from 11am-3pm
**Those who signed up for the plant sale or the brat sale will be receiving further info through e-mail in a few days. Sign-up sheets are still in the bioclub office if anyone is interested.
4. Fall Camping Trip will be on Sat. Oct. 12. Prof. Miller is generous enough to let us spend the day on his boat. All food and drinks will be provided, but you can contribute if you would like.
**The Spring Camping Trip will be at Gov. Dodge State Park. We are planning on helping out by pulling Garlic Mustard plants which are taking over the undergrowth.
5. Seminar on the Health Effects of Inhaled Dust will occur on Monday Sept. 16, at 4:30pmin Little Doudna Theater (room 103).
6. Leadership Conference at UWP on Fri. Sept. 20. The conference will last from 4:30-10pm. See David Nevins at the Pioneer Involvement Center to sign up.
7. There will be a Symposium on Research Opportunities on Plant and Environmental Sciences on Oct. 5 at the University of Minnesota. This will be an all-day event (9:30am-3:15pm). There will be a free lunch, but transportation is up to you. See Beth Frieders for more details by Sept. 25.
8. DNR Deer Survey for Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) in Mount Horeb. Two dates: Oct. 24-27 or Nov. 23-27. Call Mike Zeckmeister (715) 623-2096 ext. 3121 by Sept. 13, or see Amanda Trewin. Food and travel expenses provided.
9. Undergraduate Research Symposium, April 29 at UW-Eau Claire. Free registration and transportation if presenting research. Everyone is welcome. More info will be coming.
10. Dues need to be paid as soon as possible to help pay for all of the events we have planned. $5 for a semester, $10 for the year. Pay treasurer Tim Rolle.
11. If you have any ideas for an indoor field trip for early November, please let us know.
12. We are also tentatively planning a movie night on Tuesday, Oct. 29.
13. Finally, we would like to get our Bioclub t-shirts out before winter break, so start thinking about design ideas. This will be discussed more at the picnic and future meetings. The deadline for ideas is Nov. 5, 2002.
Next Meeting: potluck picnic on Sept. 24 at 5pm in the fields behind the circle. Sign up in the bioclub office to bring food.
--Adjourned at 7:50 pm.