Minutes for October 23, 2002
1. Thanks to all who helped at the campus brat sale. It was a success.
2. Thanks to all who attended the camping trip. It was lots of fun!
3. College Bowl is November 22 from 5-11 pm.
-3 more people are needed - you will be on a team answering questions!
-No cost, free refreshments
-Sign up in Bioclub room if interested.
4 Girl Scout Day - Date to be decided
-Will run from 3:45-4:45 on a Wednesday.
-Need people to do a presentation on plants or bacteria-about 10 minutes.
-If interested, sign up in Bioclub room.
5. Pre Health Professional Day will be Thursday, November 14
-People are needed to help call a provided list of people. Those that help can eat dinner with the pre-professionals that evening.
-Sign up in the Bioclub room to help.
6. T-shirt ideas are needed. We will vote next meeting on any ideas as well as a polo saying simply Biology on the front shoulder.
Some ideas help is needed with:
-Top 10 Biology pickup lines
-Funny sayings related to Biology
-If you have any more ideas or would like to add to the two provided, e-mail your ideas to Bioclub at email@example.com by November 5.
7. A weekend trip to Chicago is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, November 16 and 17. We will be visiting the Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum of Natural History, and/or Science and Industry Museum. A five-dollar fee is due when you sign up (In the Bioclub room, put your name on the envelope provided with your money inside). You will have to pay for your food and hotel; we will try to stay under $20 a person.
8. A candy fundraiser will be done at the beginning of the spring semester. People are needed to carry candy around campus and sell. Sign up in the Bioclub room
9. Meet the Scientist is Monday, October 28. The Biotech seminar will be held at 7 pm in the Beaux Arts Room in the Ullsvik Center. Refreshments will be provided.
10. Movie night will be Monday, November 4 at 7 pm in the little theater of Doudna. Refreshments will be provided. E-mail Bioclub any ideas for movies.
11. One volunteer is needed to give a tour of the Biology Department on Monday, October 28 from 11:30-12. See Beth Frieders, 259 Gardner, ASAP if interested.
12. Next Meetings: November 6, November 20, and December 4
--Adjourned at 7:42 pm.