Here are the minutes for the meeting on November 1, 2000:
1) There will be a t-shirt designing contest for biology club. Start drawing
up your ideas and bring them to the next meeting which will be November 15 or
put your idea in the Bioclub Room. We will then vote on winners!
2) On December 2, we will be touring the Wollersheim Winery in HIghland which
is about thirty miles north of P-ville. We will be carpooling, leaving at 10
am, and the tour will last about half and hour to forty-five minutes. There
is a sign-up sheet in the Bioclub Room.
3) THere was no success in attempting to receive SUFAC funding this year.
BEtter luck next year perhaps!
4) There is a Pioneer Help book in the Bioclub Room that contains various
organizations in Platteville and the surrounding areas that could use
volunteers for various different functions. One of the current ideas is to
help the Jaycees pack holiday fruit baskets. Members are encouraged to look
through the book and give suggestions!
5) There is a Pioneer Undergrad Research Fellowship which awards seven
different people each $500 if their research project is approved. More info is
available in the Bioclub Room.
6) Volunteers are needed for the Christmas Telethon. They are especially
looking for someone to be Santa Claus. IF you are interested, e-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org. We will hold a competition if necessary.
7) Wilgus Hall sponsors a Christmas party for less fortunate kids in
Platteville and if anyone wants to participate you are asked to purchase a gift
for a child that he or she would want and one that he or she would need. There
is, of course, more info on this subject in the bioclub room.
8) There are many different internship opportunities available at Walt Disney
World. You can earn up to 12 credits and also receive a stipend and room
provided. Biology members in the past have really enjoyed this experience.
For more info or web sites to visit, check the bioclub room.
9) If you would like to visit your home school over semester break, the
VIsitor's Center would love to have you do so! They need to know by November
10 so they can prepare you adequately. Info in bioclub room!
10) USA Today is looking for their All-America Team! They want you if you are
a leader on and off campus. Deadline is November 30.
11) Keep paying dues! Brad is happy! :)
12) Nexty meeting will be November 15 at six pm.