Minutes for February 27, 2002
1. Pay all dues, if not paid already, to Jon Allen.
$5 for the semester. The dues are used for trips and fun activities!
2. Began ordering t-shirts. $10 for a t-shirt and $12 for a long sleeved t-shirt. An XXL is an extra $1.50 and every X after is an additional $1.50. - Pay and order from Jayne in the Biology office by Thursday March 7 by 4pm.
3. Real World Biology Committe--Great Job! Will be held April 10 at 6pm in the Ulsvick Center.
4. Eligable freshmen and sophomores that received letters of invitation to Phi Eta Sigma and/or Alpha Lambda Delta - Join these prestigious honor societies. Looks good on your resume and many scholarships are available!
5. Biology Honor Society, TriBeta. Any biology student with a B average in their Biology courses. Check the Biology web page for more info.
6. Brat Sales
-Held outside of Otts Wed. April 10th from 10am-2pm. Sign up next week in the bioclub room.
-Held at Wal-mart (they will match the money we make!) Sat. April 20 from 10am-2pm. Sign up next meeting to help.
-Held downtown Sat. April 20 from 9pm-2am. Sign up next meeting.
7. Cadaver lab trip. April 19 (tenatively). More info from Wayne next meeting.
8. Wear your Bioclub and biology related shirts every Wednesday - Maybe get a treat at the next meeting!
9. Milwakee trip on March 16th. Leave at 7:30am. Those going will get an e-mail with more information.
10. Devils lake trip being planned. Includes hiking and picnicing. More information and sign-up at the next meeting.
11. Walk for Life, a fundraiser for cancer, on April 26 and 27. We would like to get a Bioclub group to participate. More info. and sign-up at next meeting.
12. Introduction of Chris Wright, our Fresh Water and Field Biology Professor!
NEXT MEETING - 7pm on Wed. March 13! See you all there!!
--Adjourned at 6:30 pm.