- Don't open e-mail from an unknown source.
- Only open expected e-mail attachments.
- Don't automatically open e-mail attachments.
- Don't download programs from Web sites, unless you know and trust the source.
- Update your anti-virus software at least every two weeks.
Obtaining virus scanner updates
The University has an automatic virus definition update mechanism for the products it has licensed. Some vendor instructions for updating virus definitions manually are listed below:
Anti virus vendors Sophos and Symantec have kindly provided free access to virus information from their sites. This information is being provided as a convenience to our users.