ActiveSync is the iPhone's native way to sync E-Mail, Contacts, and Calendars with Zimbra Collaboration Suite.
If you do not wish to synchronize your calendar and e-mail with your iPhone or iPod Touch, you can use Safari on your device
to login to the Mobile HTML client view for Zimbra.
1. Verify your iPod touch /iPhone is running iPhone OS 2.0 or higher
2. If you already have your Zimbra server running with IMAP/POP3, disable the account in Mail Settings.
3. Set up a new mail account, selecting "Exchange".
4. Enter your email address (e.g. "firstname.lastname@example.org") in the Email box.
5. In the "Domain:" box, enter the domain part of the email address ("uwplatt.edu" of "email@example.com").
6. In the "Username:" box, enter the username part of the email address ("username" of "firstname.lastname@example.org").
7. Enter your password in the Password box.
8. Tap "Next" in the top right.
7.The iPhone will now try to automatically discover your Zimbra server. If this fails, then you will need to
enter your server information manually. It will prompt you for this. Server: "zimbra.uwplatt.edu"
8.Now tap the home button and go into Mail. You should see your new account appear, and it should show your
folders and email messages within a few moments. Congratulations! Email is now set up!