Configuring a Windows Mobile 5, 6, and 6.1 device for over-the-air sync with the UWP Zimbra server.
Follow these steps on the device. For the examples, we will configure ActiveSync for a user email@example.com
to connect to a uwp zimbra server known on the internet as zimbra.uwplatt.edu
1. Select Start.
2. Select ActiveSync.
3. Choose to configure a new account:
A. If no account is configured for ActiveSync, select the option to "Set up your device to sync with it" [the server].
B. If you are replacing a pre-existing account, select Menu and then select "Configure Server".
4. In the box for "Server address:", enter the publicly accessible hostname of the server (zimbra.uwplatt.edu).
5. The server requires SSL, check the box for "This server requires an encrypted (SSL) connection".
7. In the "User name:" box, enter the username part of the email address ("username" of "firstname.lastname@example.org").
8. In the "Password:" box, enter the password of the user (email@example.com's password).
9. In the "Domain:" box, enter the domain part of the email address ("uwplatt.edu" of "firstname.lastname@example.org").
10. Check the "Save password" box.
11. Check the boxes for any combination of Contacts, Calendar, and E-mail.
12. You can change your Calendar and Email Settings buy clicking the settings button. You can change how many days of mail you want to store
on your phone along with how many weeks/months of calandering you want to store on your phone in the settings.
13. Select Finish.
The device has been configured. Select Sync to synchronize the selected items with the server.