Blackberry Internet Service set-up:
This is the simplest way to set up a blackberry to recieve email.
First visit your cell phone company's blackberry website.
Links to cell phone company's blackberry websites:
Then log in using your BLACKBERRY USERNAME and PASSWORD. Once logged in set up a new account and follow the instructions.
Blackberry IMAP set-up with Zimbra
The IMAP protocol will keep your emails on the Zimbra server and synchronize the
information between the server and your Blackberry. This setup will only do email not calandering.
To configure synchronization between your Blackberry (PDA) and your UWP account:
1. From your BlackBerry home screen, select the Blackberry Set-up icon.
2. Choose Personal Email Set-up (On older devices, just look for the Personal Email Set-up icon).
3. Select Personal Email Set-up.
4. Accept Terms and Conditions.
5. On the Email Account Set-up page, enter your Email address but leave the password field blank.
6. Select Next.
7. You'll see a screen that says We are unable to set up your email account.
8. Select I will provide the settings to add this email account, then Next.
9. Select Internet Service Provider Email (POP/IMAP), then Next.
10. Select I will provide the settings to add this email account, then Next.
11. You'll see The BlackBerry Internet Service could not configure [your email] account.
12. Select Provide the Settings to add email account.
13. Enter your UWP username (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your password, then Next.
14. Enter 'zimbra.uwplatt.edu' as the email server, then Next.
15. Select OK.
16. Below your newly added email address, select Edit.
17. Select Advanced Settings at the bottom.
18. Make sure the port is set to 993 and Use SSL is set to Yes.
18. Select Save.