Configuring an Android 2 or 2.1 smart phone for over-the-air sync with the UWP Zimbra server.
Follow these steps on the device. For the examples, we will configure ActiveSync for a user email@example.com
to connect to a UWP Zimbra server known on the internet as zimbra.uwplatt.edu
1. Go to the setting page. Menu -> Settings.
2. Select Accounts & sync.
3. Select Add Account on the bottom right.
4. Select Exchange ActiveSync.
5. In the "User name:" box, enter the username part of the email address ("username" of "firstname.lastname@example.org").
6. In the "Password:" box, enter the password of the user (email@example.com's password).
7. Select Next.
8. If you get this security warning select Continue.
9. In the "Email Address" box, make sure the email address is correct.
10. In the box for "Server address:", enter the publicly accessible hostname of the server (zimbra.uwplatt.edu).
11. In the "Domain:" box, enter the domain part of the email address ("uwplatt.edu" of "firstname.lastname@example.org").
12. In the "User name:" box, make sure the username is correct.
13. In the "Password:" box, make sure the password is correct.
14. The server requires SSL, make sure the check the box for "This server requires an encrypted SSL connection" is checked.
15. Select Next.
14. Check the boxes for any combination of Contacts, Calendar, and E-mail.
15. Select Finish Setup.
When finished you should see the Exchange ActiveSync under your accounts.
The device has been configured. Depending on the device and service provider your device will sync every one to four hours.