WISC Software Catalog for faculty/staff
WISC Software Catalog for departments
DoIT TechStore - Software
Purchase Requisition Form
Software Purchase Requisition Form (PDF)
UW-Platteville - Computer Replacement Plan
- All campus units and departments will participate.
- An immediate moratorium is declared on the number of campus network connected computer systems, capped at 2450 (excluding laptops). Unit/departments wishing to add to the cap would be charged back a one time $200/system network connection fee. The connection fee can be waived if approved by the appropriate Vice Chancellor, Assistant Chancellor or Dean.
- Three campus computer purchase dates will be available annually: on or around July 1, December 15 and May 15. Rare emergency purchase requests beyond these dates would need OIT approval.
- Departments/units will estimate the number of systems needed for each purchase window.
- In cooperation with the Computer Support Staff, OIT will solicit a group bid on two to three base systems during each purchase window. The configuration(s) of the systems will be standardized to ensure the best purchase price and will be based on the needs and requests of the departments/units, rather than a budgeted price per system.
- Distributed support will install and maintain all systems and will coordinate the redistribution of old systems in their area(s).
- All systems must meet OIT minimum configurations to be connected to the network.
Academic Affairs Council
June 2, 2003
September 2, 2003