UW-Platteville - Media Equipment Purchasing Policy - Television Services
Approved - Academic Affairs Council - September 17, 2003
- All campus units and departments will participate.
- All campus media equipment and media software purchases, that are to be supported by Television Services, must be approved by the Director of TV Services (or the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Information Services).
- Purchases falling under this designation include, but are not limited to: cameras, camcorders, projectors (of any type), VCRs, DVD/CD players, sound system components, radio or TV broadcasting equipment, media editing software, and any electronic equipment installed in a high-tech classroom or Distance Education facility.
- Departments and units should seek Television Services input prior to the preparation of a Purchase Requisition (PR) in order to insure:
- The best price available
- Suitable vendors
- Adherence to campus standards and compatibility
- Matching equipment/software to needs
- Advance scheduling of installation and testing by TV Services personnel
- If TV Services is consulted prior to the preparation of a PR, review will be completed within 5 working days of the receipt of any PR.
Approved - Chancellors Cabinet - January 27, 2004