1. From the Windows XP Start Menu, open Network Connections: Start> Programs> Accessories> Communications> Network Connections.
2. From Network Connections, right-click Wireless Network Connection and select Properties (A in figure below).
3. Select the Wireless Networks tab from the Wireless Network Connection Properties window (A in figure below). In the Preferred networks section, click the Add button (B in figure below).
4. On the Wireless network properties Association tab, supply the following...Box A - Network name (SSID): UWPlatt Box B - Network Authentication: WPA2 Box C - Data encryption: AES
5. Switch to the Authentication tab (A in figure below) of the Wireless network properties window and verify the following:Box B - EAP Type: Protected EAP (PEAP) Box C - Both "Authenticate as..." options are disabled
Click Properties (D in the figure below).
6. On the Protected EAP Properties window, verify the following:Box A - Validate server certificate: disabled Box B - Select Authentication Method: Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
Click Configure... (C in the figure below)
7. On the EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties window, verify the following:Box A - Automatically use my Windows logon name and password...: disabled
Click OK (B in the figure below)
8. When prompted to Enter Credentials, supply your username and password to complete the connection.Box A - Username: Your UW-Platteville Net ID Box B - Password: Your UW-Platteville password
The Logon domain text box should be blank. Click OK to connect.
Your Windows XP device should now be connected to the UWPlatt wireless network. If you have any questions about UWPlatt wireless, please contact the OIT Help Desk...
By Email: email@example.com By Phone: 342-1400 In Person: 2311 Pioneer Student Center, southwest corner of the Bears Den