1. Open System Preferences.
2. Select Network from the Internet & Wireless section of System Preferences.
3. Verify that AirPort (wireless) is enabled and click Network Name to view available wireless networks.
4. Select UWPlatt from the list of available networks. Only guests to campus should use the UWGuest network.
5. Since UWPlatt is a secure wireless network, a username and password is required to connect. Supply the following...User Name: Your UW-Platteville Net ID Password: Your UW-Platteville password
6. Since UWPlatt is an encrypted wireless network, a certificate warning box will appear. Click Continue to accept the rad1.ion.uwplatt.edu server certificate and continue connecting to UWPlatt.
7. You may be prompted to change the Certificate Trust Settings of the Mac computer. If so, provide the credentials of an administrator account on your Mac computer.
Name: Your Mac Admin Account Name Password: Your Mac Admin Account Password
Your Mac OS X device should now be connected to the UWPlatt wireless network. If you have any questions about UWPlatt wireless, please contact the OIT Help Desk...
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org By Phone: 342-1400 In Person: 2311 Pioneer Student Center, southwest corner of the Bears Den