Using the Forgotten Password Service with the Novell Client
If you have forgotten your password or your password has expired you can reset your password using the forgotten password service through the Novell Client. This will only work if you've previously filled out the challenge/response questions for the forgotten password service and are using a computer on the UW-Platteville campus network.
- Enter your eDirectory username and click on the Did you forget your password? link.
- You will be asked if you wish to authenticate via Challenge Response and reset your password. Select Yes.
- You will then be asked three of the five challenge response questions you completed for the forgotten password service. These questions are picked randomly from the five questions. Answer each question.
- You will need to enter a new password and then retype the new password. Passwords must be at least 6 characters in length. Depending on the operating system and/or service there are also password length restrictions
- Once you have entered your new password your password will have been successfully changed. You will need to login using the new password.