To access VoiceMail
- Press the MSG/INBOX button while off-hook. (or dial 6000, or 342-6000 from off campus)
- Unless you have enabled autologin, you will be prompted for you mailbox number. Press # for the mailbox associated with your phone, or enter a different mailbox number followed by #. (Your mailbox number is the last 4 digits of you phone number.)
- You will be asked for you password followed by #. The default password is 342xxxx, where xxxx is your phone number.
- If this is your first time, you will have to reset your password and record your full name. (This is used in an online directory.)
- If you want to be able to login to VoiceMail without entering a mailbox number and extension, you may enable autologin by dialing 8041 while in VoiceMail at the main menu.
- You may want to record a greeting. At the main menu, press 821 to record the "External Greeting".
- For most options, refer to the Quick Reference Card.
- To play a message press 2.
- To delete a message press 76.
- To skip to the next message press 6.
- To skip to the previous message press 4.
Transferring a call to a third party
- While on a call, press the TRANSFER (TRANS) soft key: The call is put on hold and a dial tone sounds. TRANSFER flashes.
- Dial the number to which you are transferring the call or press an AutoDial key or Station Busy Status key or use the directory: A ringing tone is heard until the new party answers, or it is directed to VoiceMail.
- When answered you may speak privately with the new party, or you may proceed to the next step to transfer the call before it is answered.
- If you transfer the call and it was unanswered, it is directed to the corresponding Voice MailBox.
- Press the TRANSFER (TRANS) soft key again to transfer the original call to the new party and disconnect this phone from the call.
- Press the GOODBYE key and the original call's line key to cancel the transfer and reconnect to the original call.
Transferring a call directly to a Voice MailBox without ringing an extension
- While on a call, press the TRANSFER (TRANS) soft key: The call is put on hold and a dial tone sounds.
- Press the Express Messaging button (or dial 6001).
- When prompted, dial the extension Voice MailBox number or press an AutoDial key or press a Station Busy Status key. And then press the # key.
- Immediately press the TRANSFER (TRANS) soft key again to transfer the original call to the Voice MailBox.
Making a Conference Call: (for a maximum of six people)
- While on a call, press the CONFERENCE (CONF) soft key: The call is put on hold and dial tone sounds.
- Dial the number of the person you want to add to the conference or press an AutoDial key or Station Busy Status key or use the directory: A ringing tone is heard until the new party answers, or it is directed to VoiceMail.
- Or press the line key of a call on hold on another line that you wish to join the conference.
- When answered you may speak privately with the new party.
- Press the CONFERENCE (CONF) soft key again to include all parties in the call.
- Press GOODBYE and the original call's line key to reconnect to the original call.
- Repeat the process to add additional parties.
To Park calls (holds a call and allows anyone to pick it up from another extension)
- To park a call:
- Press the Park soft key. A number will be displayed that you must remember to retrieve the call.
- Press the Park soft key to finish parking the call.
- To retrieve a parked call:
- Dial the number that was displayed when parking the call. You will be immediately connected.
- If a parked call is not retrieved, the call rings again on the original line.
Last Number Redial
- Lift the handset or press a line key.
- Press the line key again to redial the last number called.
- To place a call using an AutoDial key:
- While off-hook, press the AutoDial key.
- To program a number for an AutoDial key:
- While on-hook, press the AutoDial key. The AutoDial key flashes.
- Dial the desired number and press the AutoDial key again to save.
- To label an AutoDial key:
- Press the SERVICES key and select Telephone Options.
- Scroll up and select Change FeatureKey label
- Select Change FeatureKey label again
- Select the key that you want to rename.
- Enter a new name and press enter.
- Press QUIT to exit the menu.
Do Not Disturb (Make Set Busy)
- To work without interruption, make you phone appear busy to all callers by pressing the Make Set Busy (MakeSetBsy) key. An indicator appears next to the button and a message appears on the display. The Busy Status light will be lit for your extension on other phones.
- To deactivate, press the Make Set Busy (MakeSetBsy) key again.
To forward all incoming calls to another number
- Press the Forward (Fwd) soft key.
- The previously used forwarding number is suggested; press the Forward (Fwd) soft key again to start forwarding calls, or dial the new number where you want to forward you calls to and press the Forward (Fwd) soft key. An indicator appears next to the button and a message appears on the display.
- To cancel forwarding: press the Forward (Fwd) soft key.
Station Busy Status key lights
- Dark: The station is idle.
- Lit: The station is busy or Make Set Busy is enabled.
- Wink: The station is idle but call forwarding is enabled.
- Flash: The station is busy or Make Set Busy and call forwarding is enabled.
- To call the station, press the Station Busy Status button while off-hook.
For a phone based directory
- Press the DIRECTORY button on your phone and select Corporate Directory.
- Dial 1000 (or 342-1000 from off-campus) and follow the prompts.
To configure Bluetooth wireless headset
Only the Nortel 1140E phone has support for Bluetooth wireless headsets. This model phone has 6 programmable buttons and the larger 2 1/2” high display. Bluetooth wireless headsets have a range of approximately 30ft.
OIT recommends the following model:
Plantronics Savor M1100 - Manual
To use a Bluetooth headset, you must enable Bluetooth and pair your headset with your phone:
- Double-press the Headset key to access the Bluetooth setup screen. If this does not work you may need to first reboot your phone by unplugging it.
- Press enter (center of navigation cluster) to check mark Enable Bluetooth.
- Press the right navigation key to get to next option and press enter to check mark Use Bluetooth headset.
- Place your Bluetooth headset in pairing mode (consult your headset instructions).
- Press the right navigation key to highlight Search and press enter. After a few seconds your headset should appear next to Found. If not turn off you headset and re-enter pairing mode and repeat the search.
- If your headset is found, press the right navigation key twice to highlight Pair and press enter.
- You must enter the headset’s pin#. This is usually 0000, see your headset documentation. And then press the down navigation key. Pair completed should appear at the bottom of your screen and your headset should exit pairing mode.
- Your headset should appear after Paired. If you have more than one headset paired, you may have to select one and set it as the active device.
- Your headset is now paired. Press exit to save your settings and return to the main screen.
- Not all features may be supported by our VoIP phones.
Wired USB Headsets
Both the Nortel 1120E and 1140E VoIP phones support wired USB headsets. Please contact Greg Bies at email@example.com if interested.