Installation of the iPrint Client
The iPrint client must be installed on your computer before connecting to a network printer. You must have elevated privileges to install the iPrint client or add a printer on a computer. If you do not have elevated privileges on
your computer, contact the OIT Help Desk to create a work order for technical assistance.
1. Open the iPrint homepage.
2. In the upper-right corner, click on the Install iPrint Client link to download the installer.
The iPrint Client download process for Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer is slightly different. Please follow the instructions for your browser as found below.
Using Mozilla FireFox to download the iPrint client
1. After clicking on the Install iPrint Client link in Firefox, a pop-up window will appear with the option to Save File or Cancel. Click the Save File button.
2. Once the file downloads, access the file by either: (a) opening the download manager in Firefox (Tools menu, Downloads option) or (b) find the file labeled nipp.exe in the browser's download folder.
3. Open nipp.exe to start the installation.
4. Proceed to the iPrint Client Installation Instructions.
Using Internet Explorer to download the iPrint client
1. After clicking on the Install iPrint Client link in Internet Explorer, a pop-up window will appear with
the option to Run, Save, or Cancel. Click the Run button.
2. A Security Warning window will appear after the iPrint client installer has been downloaded. Click Run to proceed with the iPrint Client Installation.
iPrint Client Installation Instructions
1. After the installer has extracted files, the Novell iPrint Client Setup window will appear. Click "Next" to start the installation.
2. Wait while the iPrint Client is installed.
3. Once the install completes, click Finish to close the Novell iPrint Client Setup window.
Adding printers with the iPrint Client
Important: You must have elevated privileges to install the iPrint client or add a printer on a computer. If you do not have elevated privileges on
your computer, contact the OIT Help Desk to create a work order for technical assistance. When adding printers keep in mind that not every printer on campus can be
installed through the iPrint client and you must have rights to the printer in order to use it.
Only public lab printers are available for everyone. If you would like to see a list of the public lab printers on campus please
visit the Network Printer Summary Page.
Also keep in mind: Printing to public lab printers will affect your printing balance. To check your current printing balance please visit
The iPrint Client must be installed on the computer before adding printers. If the iPrint client is not installed, see instructions above.
1. To add a network printer to your computer, open the iPrint homepage.
2. From the alphabetical list, click on the link for the printer to install.
3. On the Novell iPrint dialog, click Yes to install the selected printer.
4. If you are prompted for printer authentication, provide your UW-Platteville NetID and password.
5. The iPrint Printer Installation Status window will appear. Wait while the printer is added.
6. When the printer has been added, the following confirmation message will appear.