Hewitt, Julie (Kimbler)
Julie (Kimbler) Hewitt
Distance Education Leadership
- Ph.D. in Computing Technology in Education, College of Engineering and Computing (CEC), Nova Southeastern University
- Education Specialist (Ed.S.), Nova Southeastern University
- Master of Arts in Education (Curriculum and Technology), University of Phoenix
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Management emphasis), Columbia College
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems, Columbia College
- Associate’s Degree, University of Wisconsin-Platteville
- Illinois Initial Secondary Teaching Certificate with endorsements in Business, Marketing, Management, Math, Computer Science, and Physics
- Comptia – Network+
- Various Microsoft Office Applications
- Adobe Certified Associate – Photoshop CS3, Flash CS3, and Dreamweaver CS3
Julie Hewitt is the coordinator of the Master of Science in Distance Education Leadership program. Her duties also include leadership in the areas of research, assessment, and faculty development in the Distance Learning Center. Hewitt’s research interests include faculty development, teaching and learning, assessment, and technology. Hewitt also teaches the following online courses: DEL7110 Virtual Educational and Instructional Technology, DEL 7510 Online Course Design and Management, DEL7540 eLearning Program Administration, DEL7840 Capstone, OCL7840 Capstone with DEL Emphasis, DEL7910 Critical Issues in Virtual Education, and DEL7980 Independent Study in Student Services.
Before coming to the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, Hewitt’s most recent experience was in campus administration as a Dean of Student Services. Prior to her role as Dean, Hewitt also had experience as an Academic Program Director, an online graduate adjunct faculty member, and a face-to-face undergraduate faculty member. Her prior work experiences also extended to the corporate world as a business and training systems analyst for a large aerospace company and K-12 public education as a secondary education teacher, coach, and district technology coordinator.
Hewitt is a member of the American Educational Research Association (AERA), Association for Talent Development (ATD) formerly ASTD, United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Online Learning Consortium (OLC), the eLearning Guild, and American Mensa.
Hewitt enjoys reading, photography, crafting, volleyball, and the outdoors. She also enjoys traveling and spending time with her family and friends.