UW-Platteville has designated individuals with the following titles as “responsible employees":
- The Chancellor and Vice Chancellors
- College Deans, Associate Deans, and Assistant Deans
- Dean of Students, Assistant Dean of Students, and Student Life Specialist
- University Police (including student employees)
- Department of Residence Life (including Residence Assistants and Senior Assistants)
- Department of Human Resources (Director and Assistant Director)
A “responsible employee” is defined as an employee:
- Who has the authority to take action to redress sexual misconduct;
- Who has been given the duty of reporting incidents of sexual misconduct by students or employees to the Title IX coordinator or other appropriate school designee; or
- Who a student could reasonably believe has this authority or duty.
If a “responsible employee” becomes aware of an act of sexual violence or sexual harassment involving a student or employee, they are required to report it to the university which will prompt an investigation. If the name of an alleged perpetrator/respondent is disclosed to a UW-Platteville “responsible employee”, victims/complainants should be advised that this will initiate contact with the respondent by an official of the university.
Please use the Responsible Employee Reporting Form to fulfill your reporting obligations. **Please only utilize this form if you are a Responsible Employee, as defined above.**
If you have further questions about this form or the process, please contact Janelle Crowley (Title IX Coordinator), Sherry Nevins, Kate Demerse, or Christine Buswell (Deputy Title IX Coordinators).