Master of Science in Education (MSE) Degree
Hybrid Courses offered as combination ONLINE and Evenings and Summers. As a professional, you have a say in the development of each course. Course themes build from the integration of curriculum based on three areas:
- Your Professional Concerns
- Your School and Community Needs
- Wisconsin Teaching Standards
- 21 Core Course Credits
- 9 Specialization Course Credits
- 3 Credits - Your choice of Seminar Paper, Thesis, or Educational Project at the end of the program
- 33 Credits-Total Program
- User-friendly, Hybrid Courses meeting at night and during the summer
- Become reflective practitioners, change agents, and leaders.
- Utilize experiences and relevant research to enhance their future professional growth.
- Apply relevant theory, philosophy, historical and social science perspectives, research, and best practices to their profession.
- Demonstrate growth in knowledge of content and developmentally appropriate pedagogy.
- Serve as resource to, and collaborate with others in the profession and community.
- Participate in the development and implementation of integrative curriculum based on cognitive theories.
Two Year Program. Cohort Model.
Each core course is based on the integration concept. We believe in emphasizing theory into practice. You and the professors will select from a series of topics to be covered in each class.
- Teaching 7000: Research Procedures in Education
- Teaching 7070: Developmentally Appropriate Practice - The Learners
- Teaching 7080: Developmentally Appropriate Practice - Teaching Methods
- Teaching 7170: Professional Development
- Teaching 7180: School and Community Culture
- Teaching 7190: Educational Leadership and Mentoring
- Teaching 7290: Symposium on Reflection and Critical Thinking
- Teaching Elementary Education (B- Age11)
- Teaching Middle School Education (Ages 10-14)
- Teaching Secondary Education (Ages 10-21)
- Teaching Early Childhood Through Adolescence (B- Age 21)
- Teaching Adult Education
(Licensure Coordinators have designated the required core courses for a combination MSE and License-see program plan forms)
For more information on the MSE Program contact:
UW-P Education Office of Special Programs
139 Doudna Hall