Welcome to Morrow Hall
Morrow Hall, named after Homer B. Morrow and built in 1967, provides accommodations for approximately 68 women and 197 men. Morrow Field, a softball diamond, is located nearby. One of the traditions in Morrow Hall is the annual service project: "Morrow Hall Works Week"!
From the Desk of the Resident Director
Happy April everyone!
Spring Break is over and it is time to dive into the books. Many activities and events are also on the calendar this month! We want to see everyone being an active Morrow Pioneer by getting involved in the fun this spring!
Hall Involvement Team: HIT meetings are on Wednesdays @ 9 pm in the basement of Morrow! We want to see you be involved with the themes, games, and socials! Morrow Hall Funding Request Forms are also available at the front desk for you to submit your ideas for improvements.
Friday Night Clubs: The most accurate description of these gems are: FUN and FREE! Keep an eye out for their detailed publicity each week. For April we have:
April 7th- Cupcake Wars: hosted by Dobson, Wilgus, & McGregor
April 14th- April Break
April 28th- Late Night at the Markee (not a FNC, but definitely fun!)
April 29th- The Platteville Premiere SNC: hosted by Morrow
April Break: Morrow Hall closes at 6pm on Thursday, April 13th and reopens at Noon on Sunday, April 16th. Remember to lock your door, close windows, turn off all lights, and bring home items you are no longer using so you don't have to bring them home at the end of the year. If you plan to stay over break, you must sign up online with Residence Life.
Loft Returns: The loft return time for metal lofts in Morrow is May 11th.
Summer Housing & Summer Storage: Summer Storage costs $150 per person and information is available on the Residence Life website. You can also chose to live in Rountree Commons for the summer. You don't even have to be taking a class and you have the convenience of living on campus!
Also, please check out a couple important pieces of news:
- Read your “Safety 107 e-mail.” This e-mail outlines important safety tips to think about during the month of April and for all time!
- Utilize your resources to start out the semester strong! Academic Support Programs, your professors' office hours, and your RA are each a great resource to help you succeed.
- Take a look at the Morrow Hall Facebook Page in order to receive the most up to date events happening around campus.
***Safety Tip of the Month:
1. Practice proper bike safety if you are choosing to ride a bike on campus or within the community. Wear a helmet, ride with traffic, obey traffic laws, use proper signals, and wear proper clothing when riding at night. Also, be respectful of other pedestrians using the sidewalks.
2. It is important to report any type of sexual misconduct from harassment to violence assault. Reports can be made to any university employee. Confidential sources on our campus include University Counseling and Student Health Services. As we approach spring, inclement weather will become more common. Be sure to remain aware of potential for severe weather. In the case of severe weather, be sure to seek out appropriate shelter if your hall. Avoid windows and do not go outside to storm watch.
If you ever have questions throughout the school year, don't hesitate to talk to your RA. That's what they are here for! Let's continue to make this a great year!
Meeting Times: Wednesdays, 9PM
Location: Basement Lounge
Contact: Olivia Kopecky, Advisor