UW System Woman of Color Award Nominations now being accepted
The UW System Women's Studies Consortium is looking for nominations to recognize the contributions that women of color have made to the UW System, and in particular to diversity and women's studies. UW-Platteville can submit one nomination from the campus or community who has made outstanding contributions to the UW System community. Honorees may be selected from any of these categories: UW System faculty, staff, student, or active community member who has made such contributions.
The Selection Criteria includes:
· Women of color who have worked in the areas of women’s studies scholarship and activism, especially as they have served to improve the status and climate for women, particularly women of color.
· Women of color who have advocated for women, particularly women of color.
· Women of color who have consistently demonstrated their ability to rally diverse forces together to advance the agenda of women, particularly that of women of color.
· Women of color who have created positive changes at your institutional level, i.e., curriculum development and infusion, receiving grants, and mentoring women.
· Women of color who have demonstrated an understanding of the interplay of family and community and culture in the lives of women of color.
If you would like to nominate someone, you will need to submit your one page letter of support electronically. Nominations are due Thursday, February 13, 2014 on PioneerLink at this address you can copy and paste the link:
Nominations are now being accepted until Thursday, February 13, 2014.
Remember to log into PioneerLink using your regular log in username and password. If you have questions you can contact: Valerie Wetzel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-342-1448