International Exchange versus Study Abroad
The College of Engineering, Math and Science (EMS) offers many foreign exchange programs. In these programs, students pay UW-Platteville tuition for study at a college in a foreign country. These programs are cheaper than study abroad programs because there is no outside company that receives payment. The program is administered directly between the universities. The universities with which the College of EMS at UW-Platteville has foreign exchange agreements are:
- Newcastle University, Australia (link to engineering courses in English here)
- Jönköping University, Sweden (link to courses in English here)
- Hochschule Darmstadt, Germany
- UTBM (Université de Technologie Belfort-Montbéliard), France
- National University of Ireland - Galway, Ireland
- Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
When considering study abroad, however, there are virtually no limits to the countries or universities at which one could study.
If you would like more information study abroad, please visit the Education Abroad for Engineering webpage.