This pane clears float!
Many of the databases listed below are for use by UW-Platteville students, faculty and staff only. For information on using databases from off campus, please see the Guide for Off-campus users or Service to Distance Education Students.
Read the FAQs about our Find It! service.
- Academic Search Complete A comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887.
- Arts and Humanities Citation Index A citation index can be searched by author, topic and citation.
- Black Drama 1850 to Present 1200 plays by 201 playwrites, together with detailed, fielded information on related productions, theaters, production companies, and more.
- Humanities Full Text "Includes many of the most important academic journals in the humanities with the full text of articles from over 300 periodicals dating back to 1995, and high-quality indexing for almost 700 journals—of which 470 are peer-reviewed—dating as far back as 1984. The database provides coverage of feature articles, interviews, bibliographies, obituaries, and original works of fiction, drama, poetry and book reviews, as well as reviews of ballets, dance programs, motion pictures, musicals, radio and television programs, plays, operas, and more."
- Humanities International Complete A comprehensive database covering journals, books and other important reference sources in the humanities from around the world. Includes all data from Humanities International Index (more than 2,100 journals and 2.47 million records) plus unique full text content from more than 890 journals.
- Readers' Guide Full Text Mega "Includes indexing of over 450 periodicals as far back as 1983 and searchable full text of articles from over 250 journals as far back as 1994. PDF page images of full-text articles provide access to illustrations, photographs and other graphical content from the original article. Subject coverage includes antiques, arts, business, computers, education, entertainment, film and television, gardening, health and medicine, history, home improvement, literature, news and current events, photography, popular and classical music, politics, popular culture, religion, science, sports and fitness, transportation, travel and much more. "
- General Electronic Databases
Comprehensive Sites about Theatre
- Theater and Drama- General Subject Listing WWW Virtual Library site.
- McCoy's Guide to Theatre and Performance Studies A comprehensive site maintained by Ken McCoy, Ph.D. at Stetson University, DeLand, Florida.
- Communication Studies and Theatre Arts Comprehensive site maintained by Alan Liu at the University of California at Santa Barbara.
- WWW Virtual Library Theatre and Drama Points to resources in more than 50 countries around the world, for professionals, amateurs, academics and students.
- Yahoo! Site for Theatre
Related Sites at UW-Platteville/Karrmann Library
Theatre at UW-Platteville
- The Theatre Office is located in 180 Doudna and the contact person is David Cooper. For a listing of courses or for more information on this program, call 608.342.1143.
- John Berg is the Karmann Library's liaison to the Theatre program. Contact John at 608.342.1355 for individualized consultations and/or library instruction sessions in Theatre. His e-mail address is email@example.com
This pane clears float!