This pane clears float!
Many of the databases listed below are for use by UW-Platteville students, faculty and staff only. For information on using databases from off campus, please see the Guide for Off-campus users or Service to Distance Education Students.
Read the FAQs about our Find It! service.
- Academic Search Complete A comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887.
- Arts and Humanities Citation Index A citation index can be searched by author, topic and citation.
- Humanities Full Text "Includes many of the most important academic journals in the humanities with the full text of articles from over 300 periodicals dating back to 1995, and high-quality indexing for almost 700 journals—of which 470 are peer-reviewed—dating as far back as 1984. The database provides coverage of feature articles, interviews, bibliographies, obituaries, and original works of fiction, drama, poetry and book reviews, as well as reviews of ballets, dance programs, motion pictures, musicals, radio and television programs, plays, operas, and more."
- Readers' Guide Full Text Mega "Includes indexing of over 450 periodicals as far back as 1983 and searchable full text of articles from over 250 journals as far back as 1994. PDF page images of full-text articles provide access to illustrations, photographs and other graphical content from the original article. Subject coverage includes antiques, arts, business, computers, education, entertainment, film and television, gardening, health and medicine, history, home improvement, literature, news and current events, photography, popular and classical music, politics, popular culture, religion, science, sports and fitness, transportation, travel and much more. "
- General Electronic Databases
Comprehensive Sites on Speech Communication
- Checklist for Analyzing Speeches From the American Communication Association.
- Journalistic Resources Page
- Speeches.com Tips, free advice for making the perfect speech.
Related Sites at UW-Platteville/Karrmann Library
- Citing Sources Karrmann Library's guide for citing print and electronic sources.
Speech Communication at UW-Platteville
- The Speech Communication Office is located in 448 Gardner, contact 608.342.1355 for more information. John Berg is the Karrmann Library's liaison to the Speech Communication program. Contact John for individualized consultations and/or library instruction sessions at 608.342.1355 or e-mail email@example.com.
This pane clears float!