Many of the databases listed below are for use by UW-Platteville students, faculty and staff only. For information on using databases from off campus, please see the Guide for Off-campus users or Service to Distance Education Students.
Read the FAQs about our Find It! service.
- Academic Search CompleteA comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887.
Applied Science and Technology Full Text
"Contains indexing and abstracts for nearly 800 core English-language, scientific and technical publications back to 1983. Full text of articles is available from more than 220 periodicals dating back to 1997. Content includes coverage of a wide variety of applied science specialties—acoustics to aeronautics, neural networks to nuclear and civil engineering, computers and informatics and much more."
- IEEE Xplore IEEE Xplore provides full-text access to IEEE transactions, journals, magazines and conference proceedings published since 1988 and all current IEEE Standards.
- Readers' Guide Full Text Mega "Includes indexing of over 450 periodicals as far back as 1983 and searchable full text of articles from over 250 journals as far back as 1994. PDF page images of full-text articles provide access to illustrations, photographs and other graphical content from the original article. Subject coverage includes antiques, arts, business, computers, education, entertainment, film & television, gardening, health & medicine, history, home improvement, literature, news and current events, photography, popular and classical music, politics, popular culture, religion, science, sports and fitness, transportation, travel and much more. "
- Web of Science Citation Databases Provides access to Science Citation Index Expanded, Social Sciences Citation Index, and Arts and Humanities Citation Index. Together they index over 8,000 scholarly journals and can be searched by author, topic or citation.
- General Electronic Databases
Internet sites on Software Engineering
- Software Development Online
- Association for Computing Machinery
- IEEE Computer Society
- Software Engineering Institute
Related Sites at UW-Platteville/Karrmann Library
Software Engineering at UW-Platteville
- The College of Engineering, Mathematics and Science Office is located in 100 Ottensman Hall, contact 608.342.1561 for more information. John Berg is the Karrmann Library's liaison to the Software Engineering program. Contact John for individualized consultations and/or library instruction sessions at 608.342.1355 or e-mail email@example.com.