This pane clears float!
Many of the databases listed below are for use by UW-Platteville students, faculty and staff only. For information on using databases from off campus, please see the Guide for Off-campus users or Service to Distance Education Students.
Read the FAQs about our Find It! service.
Already know the citation of an article? Use our CitationFinder to find journal articles in full-text.
Academic Search Complete
A comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887.
Arts and Humanities Citation Index
A citation index can be searched by author, topic and citation.
International publications devoted to women and gender issues. Full text.
Humanities Full Text
"Includes many of the most important academic journals in the humanities with the full text of articles from over 300 periodicals dating back to 1995, and high-quality indexing for almost 700 journals—of which 470 are peer-reviewed—dating as far back as 1984. The database provides coverage of feature articles, interviews, bibliographies, obituaries, and original works of fiction, drama, poetry and book reviews, as well as reviews of ballets, dance programs, motion pictures, musicals, radio and television programs, plays, operas, and more."
JSTOR: Arts and Sciences Collections I through XII; Biological Sciences collection
Archives of scholarly electronic journals in sociology, political science, economics, mathematics and statistics, history; law, asian studies, ecology, botony, evolutionary biology, plant and animal sciences, paleontology, and conservation.
NOTE: you may limit your results to show only the content you have access to through UW-Platteville's subscription. At the top of the results list, choose Content I can access from the drop down menu.
400+ journals covering the subject areas of the arts, culture, history, literature, philosophy and politics.
NOTE Only journals with this green arrow icon are available.
Readers' Guide Full Text Mega
"Includes indexing of over 450 periodicals as far back as 1983 and searchable full text of articles from over 250 journals as far back as 1994. PDF page images of full-text articles provide access to illustrations, photographs and other graphical content from the original article. Subject coverage includes antiques, arts, business, computers, education, entertainment, film and television, gardening, health and medicine, history, home improvement, literature, news and current events, photography, popular and classical music, politics, popular culture, religion, science, sports and fitness, transportation, travel and much more. "
Social Sciences Full Text
"Provides access to a wide assortment of the most important English-language journals published in the social sciences. This resource provides detailed indexing for over 625 periodicals dating back as far as 1983—nearly 400 of which are peer-reviewed. "
Social Sciences Citation Index
A citation index can be searched by author, topic or citation.
Women's Studies International
Includes citations and abstracts drawn from a variety of women's studies databases.
- General Electronic Databases
Comprehensive Sites on Sociology
- Annual Reviews (an index, no fulltext)
- ICPSR - (Inter-Universtiy Consortium for Political and Social Research)
- Social Science Information Gateway
- Sociology Links
- Sociology Server (Will return shortly)
- Sociology Timeline from 1600
- Sociological Tour through Cyberspace
- SocioSite: Going Dutch Sociology
- SocioWeb: Your Independent Guide to Sociological Resources on the Internet
- SocNet Index
- Western Connecticut State University (WCSU) List: Sociology Internet Resources
- World Wide Web Resources for Sociologists
- WWW Virtual Library: Sociology -Presents the WWW Virtual Library of Sociology.
- Yahoo! Departments of Sociology
- Yahoo! Social Science: Sociology
Related Sites at UW-Platteville/Karrmann Library
- Resources by Subject - Political Science
Sociology at UW-Platteville
- The Sociology Office is located in 324 Warner Hall and the contact person is Thomas Waters. For a listing of courses or for more information call, 608.342.1893.
- James Hibbard is the Karrmann Library's liaison to the Sociology program. Contact James at 608.342.1229 for individualized consultations and/or library instruction sessions in sociology. His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
This pane clears float!